Published on September 15th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[MN, In Branch only] Bank of Elk River $500 Business Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in MN [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $8, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- Bank of Elk River is offering a bonus of $500 when you open a new business or commercial checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open with a minimum opening deposit of $1,000
- Maintain an average ledger balance of $5,000 for 90 days
- Sign up for online banking & eStatements
- Complete 15 transactions with the account within 90 days of account opening
- You can also get a smaller $250 bonus if you maintain an average ledger balance of $2,500 for 90 days
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $500 bonus, you must open a new Bank of Elk River “Business Checking Account,” “Commercial Checking Account,” or “Commercial Checking Account with Interest” with a minimum opening deposit of $1,000 (not including the $500 bonus) by December 31, 2019 and maintain an average ledger balance of $5,000 for 90 days.
- To qualify for the $250 bonus, you must open a new Bank of Elk River “Business Checking Account,” “Commercial Checking Account,” or “Commercial Checking Account with Interest” with a minimum opening deposit of $1,000 (not including the $250 bonus) by December 31, 2019 and maintain an average ledger balance of $2,500 for 90 days.
- In addition to the conditions listed above, you must also sign up for Online Banking, eStatements and complete 15 transactions with the account within 90 days of account opening to receive the $500 or $250 bonus.
- Bonus will be deposited on or before April 3, 2020 upon meeting requirements.
- Offers are subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit one $500 or one $250 bonus per business.
- Customer will be sent a 1099 for appropriate bonus amount at year-end. Offer valid through December 31, 2019.
The business checking account has a $8 monthly fee, this is waived if you have a $1,000 minimum balance.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Still need to find out if this is a hard or soft pull to open. There is also a $100 personal checking account bonus that you could do at the same time. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below. For now we won’t be adding it to the best bank account bonus pages.
Hat tip to reader EW
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times