Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: NC, SC, VA, TN, GA. TN & GA require a membership with the American Consumer Council
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $500+ each within 60 days of account opening
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: November 30, 2022.
- Truliant Federal Credit Union is offering a $400 checking bonus when you do the following:
- Make two qualifying direct deposits of at least $500 each within the first 75 days of opening the account.
- Use your Truliant debit card for 10 purchases within 60 days of receiving the card
The Fine Print
- You must set up and receive at least two qualifying direct deposits of $500 of more each to your checking account within 75 days of opening the account to receive the 400-point certificate, which is redeemable for a free gift card. A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic direct deposit of your paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or government. Person-to-person and transfers between your TFCU accounts or accounts you have at other financial institutions or brokerages do not qualify. Payments received for goods sold do not qualify. After you satisfy all of the requirements, you will receive an email notification for your reward redemption within 60 days. The checking account must be open and in good standing (reflect a positive balance) when notified of reward redemption. Third-party gift cards name/brands are the trademarks and or registered trademarks of their respective owners. One bonus offer per member, offer is non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other offer, valid email address required, and is void after November 30, 2022.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
This is much better than the $250 giftcard bonus that was previously offered. Probably worth it even if it’s a hard pull especially with the credit card funding. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader BankDeal
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times