Published on October 8th, 2017 | by William Charles7
[Expired][NE, In Branch only] First National Bank $160 Checking Bonus
This bonus has expired, view the best valid checking bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $160
- Availability: NE only, in branch
- Direct deposit required: Yes, fine print states ACH though
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: November 15th, 2017
- First National Bank is offering a $160 bonus when you open a free checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Show promo code and open account in branch (get $10 for this)
- Receive a direct deposit by 1/12/18 (get $150 for this)
The Fine Print
- Good for new checking account relationships only; you cannot be an owner or joint owner on a current First National checking account.
- All consumer checking accounts are eligible. Checking account must be opened in branch only.
- This promotion may not be combined with any other offer.
- Limit one per person per account.
- One bonus will be applied if multiple accounts are opened in the same name.
- The account bonuses are subject to IRS reporting and will be reflected on a 1099-INT statement.
- Offer expires 11/15/17.
- The $10 new checking account bonus will be credited to your account immediately.
- The $150 direct deposit bonus will be credited to your account within 30 days from the date we receive your direct deposit.
- Direct deposit of at least one ACH must be received by 1/12/18.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not.
First National Bank has got to be one of the most common bank names. There is one in PA & MD, OH, WV & D.C., NC, SC, another in UT and then this one in NE. Most likely only worth doing if you live close to a branch otherwise I’d just skip this one and do one of our recommended bonuses instead.
Big thanks to reader, Jeff L who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times