Published on June 20th, 2017 | by William Charles37
[Expired] [PA & MD, OH, WV & D.C., NC, SC only] First National Bank (FNB) $150 Checking Promotion
This offer has expired and is no longer available, you can view a full list of currently available offers here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: All locations are in PA & MD, OH, WV & D.C., NC, SC [Branch locator]. Can be opened online
- Direct deposit required: Yes, total of $1,500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: Use promo code DIGITAL17
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $50, all payment networks are accepted.
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $50
- Household limit: One per year
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- First National Bank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account (Freestyle, Mystyle, Lifestyle or Premierstyle) & complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code DIGITAL17
- Make qualifying direct deposits of $1,500 or more within the first 90 days
The Fine Print
- Present the $150 promotional offer when opening a new FNB personal checking account (Freestyle, Mystyle, Lifestyle or Premierstyle).
- A $50 minimum deposit is required when opening an account online.
- To receive the $150 reward, the following conditions must be satisfied: 1) Set-up and have a qualifying direct deposit(s) totaling $1,500 or greater made to your new personal checking account within the first 90 days after account opening; and 2) your account must be in good standing once the above conditions are satisfied.
- Once these conditions are satisfied, then your $150 reward will be credited to this open account on the next business day following the 90 days after account opening.
- Your qualifying direct deposit(s) needs to be an electronic-type deposit, similar but not limited to, paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or other affiliated depositors.
- Offer valid for new personal checking accounts opened May 1 through December 31, 2017. Offer subject to change without prior notice and may be terminated or extended based on response. Offer does not apply to multiple checking accounts.
- Existing FNB checking accounts or accounts converting to another personal checking account are NOT eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account reward related offer per household per calendar year; bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- FNB may offer multiple promotions to its customers at one time.
- Even if you met the requirements for multiple promotional offers you are only eligible for and will receive one promotional reward offer.
- Checking accounts closed by customer within 180 days of opening are subject to a $50 account early closing fee.
- To the extent required by law, First National Bank will report the value of this reward to the IRS on Form 1099 MISC. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the account holder.
- In the event that we determine in our sole discretion that your account does not meet the eligibility criteria or the activity on your account does not qualify to required conditions, we will not be obligated to credit your account with the reward payout.
The easiest account to keep fee free is Freestyle checking, there is no monthly fee as long as you have eStatements enabled. There is an early account termination fee of $50 if the account is closed within 180 days.
A lot of people hate First National Bank because they had a previous offer that was available nationwide and then after an influx of new accounts they shut people down if they weren’t in their ‘footprint’. Shouldn’t have an issue if you live in one of the qualifying states, but something to keep in mind. I do think this bonus is worth doing if you live in the area so I will be adding to the best checking sign up bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications