Published on June 12th, 2017 | by William Charles11
[Expired] [NY only] Kinderhook Bank In Branch $250 Checking Bonus
This deal has now ended and is no longer valid. Click here for the best current bank account bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Seems to be in branch only. All branches are in NY [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown, unlikely due to in branch requirement
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new personal eFreedom or Freedom checking account opened at Kinderhook Bank and receive a $250 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $100 within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Available for a limited time and applies to any new personal eFreedom or Freedom checking account opened at Kinderhook Bank.
- New account customer cannot have any type of existing checking account. Employees of Kinderhook Bank are not eligible for bonus.
- $250 bonus will be credited to new eFreedom or Freedom checking account within 30 days of the first direct deposit of at least $100 which must be received within 60 days of the new account opening.
- $250 bonus cannot be combined with any other special offers.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Freedom checking account has no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not, but that doesn’t matter much considering there is no monthly fee to worry about. Update: According to this comment there is a $25 fee if closed within six months.
Great bonus if it’s a soft pull. Only real downside is that you need to open in branch (but at least that way you should be able to check if it is a soft pull before signing up). Upside is that there is only a small direct deposit requirement and no monthly fee to worry about. If this turns out to be a soft pull we will be adding it to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Johnz who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications