Published on August 1st, 2018 | by William Charles26
[NY, NJ] Northfield Bank $350 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $350
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in NY & NJ [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring $500+
- Additional requirements: Maintain average balance of $500+, make 10 debit card transactions per month
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull (report of soft pull)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: ACH funding only
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
No direct link, in branch only
- Northfield Bank is offering a bonus of $350 when you open a new eligible checking account and complete the following requirements within 90 days of account opening:
- Maintain average balance of $500+
- Receive a monthly recurring direct deposit of at least $500+
- Perform 10 point of sale debit card transactions per month
The Fine Print
- Eligible checking accounts are MyChecking, MyChecking 60+ or MyChecking Student
- Must not have an existing or prior NorthField Checking account
- Qualifying direct deposits are recurring electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension or government benefits.
- Bonus will post within 30 business days following the end of the 90 day period
- Account must remain open, active and in good standing and in the same product type during the qualifying period to receive the bonus
- Offer is effective as of 07/06/18 and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Once bonus per household
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
MyChoice checking has a monthly fee of $8. This is waived if you do any of the following:
- Maintain a $500 average monthly balance OR
- have a monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more OR
- perform 10 debit card transactions during statement cycle.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
You might know of Northfield Bank as they have a 2.25% APY basic savings account (best current rate). Unfortunately they do a hard pull to open a new account, so even with this $350 bonus it won’t be worth it for a lot of people. Keep in mind bank bonuses are taxable. Because of the hard pull I won’t be adding it to the best checking bonuses for now. I’d be interested to know what threshold a bank bonus with a hard pull would need to hit for you to be interested?
Big thanks to reader, Joseph P who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times