Update 11/14/20: Deal is back and is now $150 instead of $125.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability:Nassau/Suffolk county on Long Island NY
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Jovia Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and receive a direct deposit of $100+
The Fine Print
- Offer available for new and existing Jovia members from October 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- Membership eligibility requirements apply.
- Existing accounts prior to the promotional period do not qualify. Offer is for new, first-time Go Green Checking accounts with a reoccurring minimum direct deposit of $100 in the checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- Cash bonus will post automatically to the members’ checking or share account and will be reported as income on IRS form 1099-INT. Must meet account qualifications to earn APY and ATM fee reimbursements.
- Free first order of checks for new accounts only. Rates subject to change without notice.
- All offers can be withdrawn at any time and are subject to change without notice. Employees, volunteers, and affiliates of Jovia and their immediate families are not eligible.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
Looks like it’s worth doing considering it’s a soft pull to open and there are no monthly fees to worry about.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times