Published on January 10th, 2018 | by William Charles18
[OH, KY, IN only] Cincinnati Federal $250 Checking Bonus
Originally posted 12/20/17. Reposting on 01/10/18 as we have now confirmed it’s a soft pull.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in one of the following counties
- KY: Boone, Campbell, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton
- OH: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, and Warren Counties
- IN: Dearborn, Ohio, and Switzerland
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new checking account with Cincinnati Federal and get a bonus of $250 when you complete the requirements:
- Receive two direct deposits of $250 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Minimum of $50 required to open account. $250 gift earned after two Direct Deposit(s) of $250 or more are posted within 90 days of account opening.
- Direct Deposits limited to payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits.
- Transfers from one account to another or deposits made in a branch, at the ATM, via mobile, etc. do not qualify as direct deposit.
- Two Direct Debits from two separate merchants will qualify if a company does not offer Direct Deposit and two payroll checks of $250 or more are deposited to the account within 90 days of account opening.
- Offer available to clients who do not have or have not had ownership rights on a checking account with Cincinnati Federal in the last 12 months.
- Not available to anyone who has received a promotion in the last 12 months.
- Limit one per qualifying account. Limit one per individual.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift fulfillment are not eligible.
- Gift will be posted to the account within 30 days of qualified activity.
- If account is closed due to overdrafts within the next 12 months, gift will be revoked and included in any charge off amount, if applicable.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
None of the three accounts that qualify for this bonus have any monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not. If the account is closed due to overdrafts, you do forfeit the bonus though.
Definitely worth doing as it’s a soft pull and a very healthy $250 bonus. There are also no monthly fees to worry about. You do need two direct deposits, so hopefully they aren’t too strict on what counts. I’ve just added this to our best checking bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times