Published on August 26th, 2018 | by William Charles31
[Expired] [OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV, IL & WI] Huntington Bank $150 Savings Bonus
Bonus doesn’t actually work when you try to open the account, just errors out. Marking this as expired. As always click here for the best current checking bonuses.
Update 08/26/18: Bonus is back and valid until October 5th, 2018. Hat tip to reader David.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must reside in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- Deposit required: $10,000
- Deposit length required: 60 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 5th, 2018
- Huntington Bank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new Huntington Relationship Savings account and make deposits of at least $10,000 within 30 days of account opening and maintain that balance for at least 60 days.
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for this offer, click Apply Online or Request a Branch Coupon from this page, so that the promotion code gets claimed at the time of account opening
- Deposits must be new money to Huntington. “New Money” is defined as money that is not currently, or was not previously in the last six months, on deposit in any Huntington account.
- Transfers from another Huntington deposit account do not qualify. Offer is limited to one account per household. Remember, for tax purposes you will receive a form 1099-INT from us for your cash bonus.
- Your $150 bonus will be deposited into your new savings account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements.
- Unfortunately, this offer is not available to existing savings customers, including fiduciaries, or those with savings accounts closed within the last six months.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year.
- Savings account must remain open in order to receive the bonus. Remember, for tax purposes you will receive a Form 1099-INT from us for your cash bonus.
- This offer is only available to online applicants residing in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $10 fee, this can be waived if you do any of the following:
- Link a Huntington 5, Huntington 25 or Private Client account
- Maintaining in the account an average daily balance of $2,500 for the calendar month for the calendar month, if you receive quarterly statements, or for the statement cycle, if you receive monthly statements.
This works out to be an APY of 9.125%+ but keep in mind you’re only getting this for 60 days and then the account is basically worthless. The other thing to keep in mind is that the fine print states ‘Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year’ and Huntington Bank has offerered $200 on their personal checking account in the past and in my opinion that is much better offer. People have successfully gotten the bonus on a personal and business checking account in the same calendar year and we now have a report of a reader getting both a personal checking and savings bonus. Until we confirm this is possible we won’t be adding this to our list of the best savings account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications