Published on April 21st, 2019 | by William Charles5
[OK & KS] Communication Federal Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: OK & KS
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Mixed DP
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund each account up to $500 (Visa & Mastercard). Might be able to fund more
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2019
- Communication Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code CH19
- Complete the following requirements within 90 days:
- Enroll in eStatements
- Receive a qualifying direct deposits totaling at least $1,500
- Make 15 debit card purchases of at least $5
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 4/30/2019.
- May not be combined with other offers.
- Member must open using the promo code CH19, enroll in eStatements, have a minimum of $1,500 deposited to the account through qualifying direct deposits¹ and perform 15 debit card transactions of at least $5 within the first 90 days the account is opened.
- Incentive will be paid within 100 days of account opening once qualifications are met and will be deposited into savings account.
- Must be member’s first checking account with CFCU. Members who receive more than $600 in incentives annually will receive a 1099-Misc.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fee to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
They have offered a bonus of $250 late last year. Because a bigger bonus was so recently offered I wouldn’t recommend doing this, I think it makes more sense to just wait for a $250 bonus to hopefully return.
Hat tip to ragormack
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times