Published on November 18th, 2018 | by William Charles34
[Expired] [OK & KS] Communication Federal Credit Union $250 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: OK & KS
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 45 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund each account up to $500 (Visa & Mastercard). Might be able to fund more
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: November 26th, 2018
- Communication Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $250 when you complete the following requirements:
- Enter promo code BF18 when applying online
- Open a checking account and money market account (no minimum)
- Complete the following requirements within 45 days of account opening:
- Enroll in e-statements
- 12 debit card transactions
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $250
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 11/26/2018. May not be combined with other offers.
- Member must enroll in eStatements, have a minimum of $500 deposited to the account through direct deposit and perform 12 debit card transactions within the first 45 days the account is opened.
- Incentive will be paid within 60 days of account opening once qualifications are met and will be deposited into savings account.
- Must be member’s first checking account with CFCU.
- Members who receive more than $600 in incentives annually will receive a 1099-Misc.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Neither of these accounts have any monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Previous best deal was $100. This offer is significantly better. I do think this one is worth doing if you live in an eligible area, looks like you can also join by donating $5 to an organization but I think it’s still restricted to just KS & OK. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Laszlo T who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times