Published on April 2nd, 2020 | by William Charles32
[CA only] Orange County’s Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Update 4/2/20: Those in Los Angeles city also qualify now according to this comment.
Update 12/9/19: Deal is back, no expiry date that I can see. Hat tip to DDG
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must Live or work in Orange County, Riverside County, Long Beach, Cerritos, Signal Hill, or Lakewood, Los Angeles city or related to current member.
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, Visa or Mastercard (possibly none with in branch opening required)
- Monthly fees: $6, waivable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
April 30th, 2017November 4th, 2017
- Orange County Credit Union are offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code BEST100 online or present flyer in branch
- Enroll in eStatements
- Qualify for a debit mastercard
- Set up and receive a direct deposit or make 5 debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Receive a $100 bonus with a new checking account.
- Normal approval standards apply. Offer is available to “new” Members only.
- Must open a personal checking account, enroll in e-Statements, sign up and qualify for a Debit MasterCard, and either set up and receive Direct Deposit or make 5 Debit Card purchases within 60 days.
- Bonus typically paid within 90 days.
- Bonus represents dividends deposited into your account and may be reported to the IRS. Any taxes are your responsibility.
- The new checking account must remain open for 90 days or bonus may be reversed.
- Min. opening deposit is $25 for all accounts except Better Than Free which has no minimum. Membership fee is $5. Federally insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They no longer offer a free checking account, the easiest account to keep fee free is the basic account. This has a $6 fee that is waived if with an average daily balance of $750+ or with a direct deposit. You do need to keep the account open for 90 days, otherwise the bonus will be forfeit.
They have offered other $100 bonuses in the past and you used to be able to fund with a credit card up to $5,000 but that was reduced to only $500. Given that this one can be opened online, can be funded with a credit card for a small amount and direct deposit isn’t required I’m going to add this to the best bonus list.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications