Published on July 28th, 2016 | by William Charles1
[PA only] Benchmark Federal Credit Union $100 Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: PA only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: $50 or more per month
- Additional requirements: Online banking and eStatements, first 400 people only
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2016
- Receive a $100 bonus when opening a Benchmark account with a Savings, Kasa Cash Checking account with a recurring direct deposit of at least $50 each month. Unfortunately the bonus is only for the first 400 members who join before August 31st. I have no idea if they will remove the promo after 400 people have joined or not.
The Fine Print
- Bonus will be deposited within 90 days from account opening and all the conditions have been met
- $100 Account Opening Bonus is for new members only and valid for first 400 members who join between 6/6/16 & 8/31/16
- Monthly enrollment in online banking and receipt of electronic statements are conditions of these accounts
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Neither of the accounts have any monthly fees, I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m not sure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
I really hate bonuses that have limited numbers and aren’t clear on what happens when they exceed those numbers. Because of this and the uncertainty regarding what counts as a direct deposit, hard/soft pull and credit card funding I can’t really recommend this bonus. You can view the bonuses we do recommend by going here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank