Published on July 14th, 2018 | by William Charles4
[PA, In Branch] CBT Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: In branch only. All branches are in PA [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Optional, see below
- Additional requirements: Direct deposit or 6 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- CBT bank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete one of the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- 6 debit card transactions OR
- Qualifying direct deposit of at least $250
The Fine Print
- New Customers Only, one offer per individual or account, maximum bonus $150; consumer natural persons only.
- All accounts, services, and devices subject to approval.
- Minimum balance to earn reward is $25.00.
- Direct Deposit must be payroll, pension, or other monthly income from a third party equal to a minimum of $250.00 to be eligible.
- Debit Card transactions must be posted and clear account within the first 60 days to qualify.
- Bank reserves the right to disqualify offer if accounts are not opened
in good faith or not in good standing at time bonus is paid.
- Bonus will be paid within 61 to 75 days of account opening and is subject to tax reporting.
- Offer subject to withdrawal or change at any time.
- Rewards are subject to IRS Tax Reporting and will be issued a 1099-INT form.
They have a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is a $20 fee if the account is closed within 90 days.
Not a massive bonus, but it is $150 and no hard pull or direct deposit required or monthly fees. Because of that I do think it’s worth doing. As always you can view the best checking bonuses by clicking here. Share your own experiences with this bank and bonus in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times