Published on April 14th, 2018 | by William Charles22
[PA & OH] S&T Bank $200 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must be a resident of Pennsylvania or Ohio
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None but account must be kept open until November 12th, 2018 to get full bonus
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 11th, 2018
- S&T Bank is offering a bonus of up to $200 when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a new eligible checking account (Checking & Simple, Checking & More, Checking & More with Interest, Checking & Four Stars and Checking & Four Stars with Interest only) by May 11th, 2018
- Earn $100:
- Complete at least 10 S&T Bank Visa Debit card purchases, these must post and clear by June 8th, 2018
- Enroll in eStatements by June 8th, 2018
- Earn another $100 on or before November 12th
The Fine Print
- This offer is not available to current S&T Bank checking customers or those who have closed an S&T Bank checking in the past 12 months.
- Offer applies to new consumer checking accounts (Checking & Simple, Checking & More, Checking & More with Interest, Checking & Four Stars and Checking & Four Stars with Interest only) opened by 5.11.18*.
- New accounts will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing S&T Bank consumer checking account.
- Signing authority will be defined by the customer name(s) and social security number(s) registered on the account.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other checking offer and is subject to change or termination without notice.
- To qualify for the first $100 offer, the new checking account must be opened with a minimum opening balance of $50 between 3.16.18 and 5.11.18 and the following conditions must be met by 6.8.18: (a) at least 10 S&T Bank Visa Debit card purchases (posted and cleared) must be made and (b) enroll in online statements, which will be credited to the eligible account 6.29.18.
- The additional $100 will be credited to the S&T account on or before 11.12.18 to signify the 6 month anniversary date of the account opening provided the account qualified for the debit card and online statement incentive.
- The account must remain in good standing (daily ledger balance greater than $10) in order to receive any incentive. If a $50 Refer a Friend incentive was paid out to this account during the promotional period your incentive will then be deducted by that amount.
- The max incentive you are able to receive during this time period is $200. Subject to 1099 reporting.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
As far as I know there is no early account termination fee, but keep in mind the account needs to be kept open until November 12th to get the full $200 bonus. If you open the checking & simple account there is no monthly fee to worry about.
This is a really nice bonus, no direct deposit requirement or monthly fee to worry about. Completing ten debit card transactions shouldn’t be difficult for anybody (some suggestions here). Normally having to wait for the full bonus is annoying but given there are no monthly fees it really isn’t too bad. This is definitely going onto our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, ChurningFast who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times