Update 5/19: Rate reduced to 1.75% from 3%
Update 4/23/20: Rate has increased to 3.5% from 3%. Hat tip to reader Eric
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: Up to 3.5%
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $10,000
- Availability: Nationwide, see below
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Insured: NCUA
- Partner Colorado Credit Union is offering a 3% APY high interest checking account on balances up to $10,000 when you meet the following requirements:
- Complete 20 signature based debit card transactions, $5 minimum per transaction
- Sign up to receive eStatements
- Use online or mobile banking
The Fine Print
- 3.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) displayed is paid on average daily balances up to $10,000, .50% APY between $10,001-$25,000 and .10% APY on remaining balance and/or non-qualifying accounts.
- Rate is valid as of 02/01/14, rates are subject to change without giving notice.
- Non-qualifying High Interest Checking accounts will be assessed a monthly fee, see fee schedule for applicable fees.
According to the fee schedule there is a $5 monthly fee if the requirements are not met.
Must live or work in the Denver area, or you can join nationwide by first joining the Consumers United Association ($5 fee)
This isn’t worth considering due to the fact you need to make $100 in debit card transactions monthly, there are much better high interest saving account options out there and it being a hard pull doesn’t help either.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.