Published on May 18th, 2019 | by William Charles15
[Expired] [Morris County, NJ only] Picatinny Credit Union $175 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, for current bank account bonuses click here.
Update 5/18/19: Deal has been increased to $175
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: live, work, worship or attend school in Morris County, New Jersey
- Direct deposit required: No minimum specified, just says full pay
- Additional requirements: Use promo code EVENT$150
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit if closed within 6 months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2019
- Open a new free checking account receive a sign up bonus of $175 from Picatinny Credit Union when you complete the following requirements
- You must use the promo code MD$175
- Initiate a repeating direct deposit of your full pay, social security or pension into your account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Checking account must remain open for 6 months or bonus will be forfeit
This account does not have any monthly fees, they do require you to keep it open for six months to avoid any early account termination fee though.
Might be worth doing if you live in the area due to the fact it’s a soft pull to open the account, but that will really depend if you’ve done all the better bonuses that are available already. For now we have added our best bonus list, but towards the very bottom. Share your experiences with this bank and bonus in the comments below.
Hat tip to IS250
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications