Published on March 30th, 2015 | by William Charles1
Round Up Of All The Current Chase Southwest Bonuses
Chase & Southwest have been sending out all sorts of targeted and non-targeted offers recently, I thought it might be helpful to list all of the current bonuses and who is eligible for what. In total Chase & Southwest offer three different cards: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Personal Card, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Personal Card & Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Business Card.
- 50,000 points via referral. This is better than the standard 25,000 point offer but requires you to get somebodies referral link. This bonus publicly goes up to 50,000 points often though so if you can’t find a referral just wait.
- 25,000 point public link. I wouldn’t bother with this, as I mentioned earlier this regularly goes up to 50,000 points.
This card has the most different offers that are currently available:
- 50,000 Points + $100 targeted offer. This is the best offer, unfortunately you needed to have received a unique invitation code to apply. I tried to call the dedicated number but the representative wouldn’t process my application without it. I tried the usual “I can’t find the number on the e-mail, I deleted the e-mail, I’m confused” angle without any luck as well.
- 50,000 point public offer. There is still a link for 50,000 points floating around
- $200 + 10,000 point booking offer. This offer shows up when making a booking with Southwest but it’s possible to skip straight to the offer page. Keep in mind the annual fee on this card is not waived, so it’s really a $101 + 10,000 point offer. This is better than some of the cash sign up bonuses, but there are still a lot of better ones out there.
- 60,000 point offer phone offer. This is by far the best bonus, anybody should be able to apply simply by calling, phone applications are annoying but the extra 10,000 points are definitely worth it.
- 25,000 point offer public link. Honestly, don’t bother with this – just follow the directions above instead.
If you’re thinking about going for the companion pass, now would be the time to do it. You could combine the business 60,000 offer and one of the 50,000 offers and get it instantly. I’d probably try and get the Plus 50,000 referral offer as I think that card will be discontinued at some stage – but if you were targeted for the Premier 50,000 + $100 offer I’d grab that instead.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that Southwest is devaluing their reward points on April 17th, they will no longer be worth a fixed value and it’s extremely unclear how Southwest will value flights in points. Personally that’s enough to put me off Southwest until we know more at least, which is a shame as I think they had one of the best programs in the past.