Published on January 8th, 2020 | by William Charles475
[Confirmed] Chase Sapphire Changes: $550 Annual Fee, Lyft Pink Membership, DoorDash Credit & More
Update 4: All of these changes have now been confirmed.
Update 2: DD is reporting that the card will also earn 10x points per $1 spent on all Lyft purchases until 3/31/22
Update 1: Cardmember agreement now states that the annual fee is $450 to $550, seemingly all but confirming the annual fee increase.
Original post: Earlier today we shared the news that Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders now get two years of DoorDash DashPass for free. There are a number of other changes rumored to be on the horizon:
- Annual fee will increase to $550 for new users on January 12th, 2020
- Annual fee will increase to $550 for existing users in April, 2020
- Not possible to product change to the card until after January 12th, 2020 (new $550 annual fee will be charged)
- Complimentary Lyft pink membership to be added on January 12th, 2020
- $60 DoorDash credit to be added for 2020 and 2021 (this is is an annual credit that is valid from 1/12 – 12/31 each year).
Another source was saying that the DoorDash credit would be $10 monthly, so not sure if Chase changed how this would work or not. It’s also not clear if the $60 credit will be a yearly benefit or $5 monthly.
I’m fairly confident that the annual fee information is correct and the dates should be accurate, I’m less confident about the other information but still high likely.