Published on March 22nd, 2020 | by William Charles86
SkyOne Federal Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide, can make a donation to surfrider if you’d normally not be eligible
- Direct deposit required: $1,000+ for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive according to some datapoints but others say not sensitive so YMMV
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2020
- SkyOne Federal Credit Union is offering a checking bonus of up to $200 when you meet the following requirements:
- Earn $125 when you set up monthly direct deposits of $1,000 or more per month for two consecutive months within 90 days of account opening
- Earn $50 when you deposit $2,500 or more in new money within 10 calendar days of opening a new SkyOne checking account and maintain that balance for at least 30 consecutive days
- Earn $25 when you make at least 10 point of sale/debit card transactions within 30 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Bonus Requirements: Earn $125: You are not eligible for this offer if you are a current owner of a SkyOne checking account and have direct deposit. Open a new, eligible SkyOne checking account by March 31, 2020. Within 90 days of account opening, receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits per month for two consecutive months in to your new checking account during the qualification period.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account. Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify.
- Earn $50: Deposit $2,500 or more in new money within 10 calendar days of opening a new SkyOne checking account. Maintain a daily balance of $2,500 for 30 consecutive days.
- Earn $25: Within 30 days of account opening make 10 POS (Point-of-Sale) and/or debit card transactions. Bonus Payments: Once the qualification period has elapsed, we will determine if you have met the offer requirements, and will deposit bonus payment into your new checking account within 10 days.
- Additional Terms and Conditions: Offer subject to change without notice and may end at any time.You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on the bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
- Account must be in good standing. Account in good standing is defined as: 1) Your Checking account balance must not be negative for more than 30 calendar days; 2) You must be in good standing, which means no delinquent or charged off loans or charged off share accounts with SkyOne Federal Credit Union; and 3) You do not have a ChexSystems record with monies owed.
- SkyOne reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
There are no monthly fees to worry about
Downside is that this is ChexSystems sensitive, but the upside is that anybody can open an account/become a member now. I’ll still be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses, because there are generally not many that are nationwide.
Hat tip to LivingInTheAir
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times