- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull as long as you opt out of over draft protecton.
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000, Visa & MasterCard only (most likely cash advance due to have to opening in branch)
- Monthly fees: $9.99, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date:
Direct link to offer
- Open a new Citizens Bank checking account and receive a bonus of $400 when you complete the following requirements:
- Open new Citizens Bank Platinum Checking account
- Make a single direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days
- Or open any other account and earn a bonus of $150 (also requires a single direct deposit of $500 within 60 days).
The Fine Print
- Primary signer on the new checking account may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any personal checking account within the previous six months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
As far as I know there is no early account termination fee.
One Deposit Checking Account $9.95 Monthly Fee ($150 Bonus)
- $9.99 fee is waived with any deposit (according to this comment they really do many any deposit, even a transfer from another Citizens Bank account will trigger this)
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking Account $25 Monthly Fee ($400 Bonus)
- Citizens Bank Platinum Checking: $25 fee is waived with $25,000 in combined deposits
Given that there is no early account termination fee it seems to make sure to go for the Platinum $400 bonus and just pay the fees until the bonus posts and then close the account. Shame that this one is targeted, if anybody is able to get it by just going in branch then please let us know in the comments below. Because it’s targeted I won’t be adding it to our list of the best bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications