Published on May 3rd, 2019 | by William Charles56
[Targeted] New Round Of American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Upgrade Offers
Update 5/3/19: Another round has gone out, reader @Jrsideproject reports an offer for 50,000 points after $2,500 in spend. Others might see the 100,000 offer.
Update 3/7/19: Another round has just gone out. Hat tip to reader Brian.
No direct link, either targeted via e-mail ( or it will show up when logged in and you navigate to the SPG Brilliant card sign up page (look for the ‘upgrade’ words
- Some existing American Express Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express Card are aseeing offers to upgrade to the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant. Offer I saw was for 100,000 points, but others might be higher or lower.
- $450 annual fee
- $300 in statement credits each year of card membership for eligible purchases at SPG & Marriott properties
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6x points per $1 spent at participating SPG & Marriott Rewards hotels
- 3x points per $1 spent at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free night award every year after your card account anniversary (can be used at any property that costs under 50,000 points per night)
- Complimentary gold elite status
- Platinum elite status after you spend $75,000 or more on the card in a calendar year
- Starting in 2019: 15 nights towards elite status (you’re restricted to getting this benefit once per Marriott Loyalty program number)
- Unlimited complimentary priority pass lounge access for you and up to two accompanying guests
- Statement credit for Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85) every four years
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi access
- Free in-room premium internet access at SPG & Marriott participating hotels
- Read full review here
This is the third round of upgrade offers that have gone out, you can read our post on the first round here, second round here. Sign up bonus on the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant when you apply directly is now 100,000 points. This upgrade offer is worth considering, we talk about why in these three posts:
- We talk about why the upgrade offer is worth a second look here
- We confirm the $300 credit does apply in the first year
- We confirm it’s possible to get an upgrade offer and the regular bonus here
For more information on upgrade offers in general, you’ll find this linked post highly helpful.
Hat tip to reader Anufer