Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 3/22/22: Deal is back and valid until May 26, 2022
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must be of Christian faith or married to somebody who is
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,500+ for $200 bonus
- Additional requirements: Use promo code, set up online banking and eStatements
- Hard/soft pull:Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, they are sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
December 31, 2020 January 31, 2021 October 28, 2021May 26, 2022
- Thrivent Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code CHECKING2022
- Sign up for online banking within 90 days
- Enroll in eStatements within 90 days
- Spend $500 on point of sale purchases with debit card within 90 days
- Deposit a minimum of $2,500 in aggregate via eligible direct deposits within 90 days (total of $500 will earn a bonus of $100)
The Fine Print
- Open a new Thrivent Rewards Checking account using promo code 2020CHECKING and achieve the following within 90 days of account opening: sign up for free online banking; enroll in eStatements; make 20 point-of-sale purchases with debit card; and deposit a minimum of $500 in aggregate via direct deposit of eligible funds (e.g. payroll, Social Security, retirement distributions. ACH transfers from other deposit accounts are not eligible).
- Total deposits of $500 or more will earn a $100 bonus; total deposits of $2,500 or more will earn an additional $100 bonus.
- If all requirements are met, the total bonus amount will be deposited into your Thrivent Rewards Checking account within two weeks of the end of the 90-day period.
- Bonus may be reported to the IRS as dividends earned.
- Offer is limited to one per member; you must be the primary owner on the account and not already the primary owner of an existing checking account.
- Offer is not available to any account holder who has earned a checking bonus in the past 12 months.
- Offer is effective September 1, 2020, through December 31, 2020, and is subject to change and can end at any time without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
$20 if closed within 90 days
Previously we’ve seen $100 checking bonuses and bigger money market bonuses. This is the biggest checking bonus we’ve seen and worth doing if you’re eligible. We will add it to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times