Published on March 22nd, 2018 | by William Charles240
[TN & KY only] First Advantage Bank 4.50% APY Rewards Checking On Balances Up To $10,000
3/27/18: Account is now limited to only Tennessee and Kentucky.
3/22/18: Account is now available nationwide. 3/16/18: Rate has increased from 3.04% to 4.50% APY. Another nice feature of this account is that after $10k, you still get a solid 1.40% APY additional balances of $40k (total $50k).
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 4.5% APY if requirements are met
- Minimum Balance: $100 to open
- Maximum Balance: $10,000
- Availability: TN and KY only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull, please note they do this hard pull after you enter your SSN and click here. More info here
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $10,000. Visa, Mastercard & Discover only
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: FDIC
- First Advantage Bank offers a rewards checking account that earns
3.04%4.50% on balances up to $10,000 if the following requirements are met, otherwise the APY is 0.05%:
- Make 10 or more debit card purchases (10 per statement cycle, must clear the account during the statement cycle)
- Sign up for FREE eStatements
- Set up recurring Direct Deposit or ACH (once to the account per statement cycle)
This account has no monthly fee to worry about.
Most people will be interested in this account just for the credit card funding, unfortunately it’s a hard pull as well and that will put off a lot of people. The 4.50% APY rate is from the best available, unfortunately there’s a $10k limit on that. We’ve add this to our list of high interest rewards checking accounts.