This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: TX only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Unknown
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: November 30th, 2018
- First-Lockhart National Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $50 or more at account opening.
- Have your direct deposit of your payroll, pension, or government benefit made to the account within 60 days of opening.
The Fine Print
- Rewards Checking offer is not available to existing First Lockhart National Bank checking customers.
- Offer is not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the $100 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Rewards Checking account at First Lockhart National Bank, AND 2) Deposit $50 or more at account opening, AND 3) Have your direct deposit of your payroll, pension, or government benefit made to the account within 60 days of opening.
- After you have completed all of the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months of open the bonus will be forfeit
Only a $100 bonus, we really need to know if it’s a soft pull and if you can fund with a credit card to decide if it’s worth doing or not. If anybody decides to go for it, please share those datapoints in the comments below. For now we won’t be adding it to the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times