Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 9/27/20: There is also a $100 deal now available in AZ.
Update 9/21/20: Deal is back and good through October 31, 2020. Hat tip to reader Gadget
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: See below
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Enroll in eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull via Experian. Report of soft pulls
- Credit card funding: You can fund with a credit card but a 2.5% fee is charged ($4.95 flat fee for debit cards).
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months or bonus is forfeited
- Expiration date: None listed
- Mountain America Credit Union is offering a $150 bonus when you open a new MyStyle Checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code MACU150
- Log in to explore online banking at macu.com
- Set up eStatements (in eDocuments) online or through our app
- Initiate a monthly direct deposit such as payroll, pension, unemployment, social security or other government benefits within 60 days of coupon redemption
The Fine Print
- To qualify for and redeem reward, you must sign up for eStatements at account setup and initiate a monthly direct deposit such as payroll, pension, unemployment, Social Security or other government benefits within 60 days of coupon redemption.
- Reward will be deposited into account within 30 business days after eStatement setup and initial direct deposit posting.
- Account must remain open for minimum of six months from reward date, or it will be debited from account at closing.
- Limit one reward per person, per household.
- Offer not available on MyFree CheckingSM, secondary accounts, account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Employees of Mountain America not eligible.
- Reward is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Need to live in one of the following areas: Salt Lake County, Duchesne County, Wasatch County in UT census tract 940300, or Uintah County in UT census tract 940100 or 940200 or
- Work for one of the Select Employer Groups or
- Have an immediate family member that is already a member
There is no monthly fees or minimums on this account, it does need to be kept open for six months otherwise the bonus is forfeit.
Not really worth considering due to the hard pull I don’t think. If anybody has any experiences with this bonus then please share them in the comments below. You can view a list of the bank bonuses I do recommend here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank