Published on May 11th, 2019 | by William Charles2
[UT, In Branch only] Mountain America Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Update: Bonus is back for 2019. Hat tip to reader Michael
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: UT only, see below
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull via Experian
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: You can fund with a credit card but a 2.5% fee is charged ($4.95 flat fee for debit cards).
- Monthly fees: $4, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months after bonus posts otherwise bonus is forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
December 25th, 2018None listed
- Mountain America Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new MyStyle checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code REFEROB
- Sign up for eStatements at account set up
- Set up and initiate a qualifying monthly direct deposit within 60 days of opening
The Fine Print
- To qualify for and redeem reward, you must sign up for eStatements at account setup and initiate a monthly direct deposit such as payroll, pension, unemployment, Social Security or other government benefits within 60 days of coupon redemption.
- Reward will be deposited into account within 30 business days after eStatement setup and initial direct deposit posting.
- Account must remain open for minimum of six months from reward date, or reward will be debited from account at closing.
- Limit one reward per person, per household. Offer not available on MyFree CheckingSM, secondary accounts, account conversions or in combination with any other offer.
- Reward is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
MyStyle Checking Account $4
This is waived if you do any of the following:
- Make $1,000 in direct deposits each month
- Perform at least 10 credit and or debit transactions each month
- Maintain an average daily checking balance of at least $2,500 for the month
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must remain open for six months after receiving the $100 bonus otherwise the bonus will be forfeit
- Need to live in one of the following areas: Salt Lake County, Duchesne County, Wasatch County in UT census tract 940300, or Uintah County in UT census tract 940100 or 940200 or
- Work for one of the Select Employer Groups or
- Have an immediate family member that is already a member
- Be a nationwide PTA member
Previously they offered a bonus of $150 with the same requirements. Neither bonus is worth considering due to the hard pull that is done. There are a lot of better checking account bonuses out there, so I’d recommend sticking with one of those instead.
Big thanks to reader, Alex who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times