Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must live, work, go to school, or worship in an area served by one of our branches. [Branch locations here]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code OPENVAULT
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $250 when you open a new Heritage West Credit Union checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a new account with the promo code ‘OPENVAULT’
- Establish a new active direct deposit service. Minimum direct deposit of $500 is required
The Fine Print
- Offers effective 01/04/16 through 12/31/16.
- To qualify, you must establish a new, active Direct Deposit service on a new checking account.
- All Direct Deposit paperwork must be processed in order to be eligible for the credit.
- Account will be credited within 90 days after the first direct deposit posts to the account.
- Minimum total direct deposit of $500 per month in order to receive $250 promotional incentive.
- REFER A FRIEND: A $5 minimum balance is required to open and maintain savings account and to obtain bonus. Bonus will be deposited within five days of account opening. Program must be mentioned at time of joining for account to be credited. Fees may reduce earnings and rates may change. Limit 20 referrals per member. One coupon per eligible member. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value. Not redeemable for cash.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their best value checking account has no monthly fee or minimum balance. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if they charge an early account termination fee or not. Update: No early account termination fee according to this comment.
HeritageWest is part of Chartway Federal Credit Union and we’ve had problems with them in the past, so keep this in mind. Because of this we won’t add it to our list of the best bank account bonuses currently available. Please feel free to share your experiences with this bonus in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, David who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank