Published on February 18th, 2018 | by William Charles33
[Expired] [OR & WA] Advantis Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: To be eligible you must live/work/worship/attend school in the state of Washington or one of these Oregon counties: Multnomah, Marion, Benton, Clackamas, Clatsops, Columbia, Coos, Crook, Curry, Yamhill, Washngton, Wasco, Tillamook, Polk, Linn, Lincoln, Lane Klamath, Josephine, Jefferson, Jackson, Douglas, Deschutes, Hood River
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Open other qualifying account and use promo code WS150
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,550. Can fund with Visa, Mastercard & Discover
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2018
- Advantis Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
The Fine Print
- Offer only valid for new Advantis Credit Union members (i.e. who have not had an account with Advantis in the previous 6 months) who are designated as the primary owner on the qualifying checking account and additional product.
- Limit one $150 bonus per person.
- Bonus will be paid within 15 business days after the 90-day qualification period.
- $150 bonus will be treated as interest for tax reporting purposes.
- The account and qualifying product must be open at the 90 day period after joining to receive the $150 bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The fusion checking and cash back checking accounts have no monthly fee. The money market account also has no monthly fees.There is also no mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule, but account must be kept open for 90 days to get the bonus.
Money market account is probably the easiest account to open to qualify for this bonus. Unfortunately the hard pull makes it less of an attractive deal, but the credit card funding is nice. I still won’t be adding it to our best checking bonus page due to that hard pull though. Please share your experiences in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times