Published on October 22nd, 2017 | by William Charles26
[Expired] [WA, OR, ID & In Branch] Columbia Bank $100 Checking Bonus
This deal has expired, view more bank bonuses here.
Note: This Columbia Bank is not to be confused with this one that operates in NJ.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in: Washington, Oregon and Idaho. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
November 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2017 February 28th, 2018 April 30th, 2018June 30th, 2018
- Columbia Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account in branch and complete the following requirements:
- Bring in code (need to enter information on landing page)
- Open a new Neighborhood Account, Relationship Account or Foundation Account
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer. Must open account by November 30, 2017 to receive offer.
- To receive the $100 incentive:
- 1) Open a Neighborhood Account, Relationship Account or Foundation Account, subject to approval,
- 2) Receive a qualifying recurring direct deposit of $500 or more made to the account within 90 days of account opening. Qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government into your checking account.
- This offer is not available to existing Columbia Bank consumer checking account customers.
- Fiduciary accounts do not qualify for the offer.
- Offer is not available to those whose consumer checking accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Limit one new offer per qualifying account, per individual.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we will deposit the incentive in your new account in the three months following the 90 day direct deposit review period.
- The incentive is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of incentive fulfillment are not eligible for this offer.
- The person qualifying for this offer must be the primary signer on the account and must be 18 years or older. Employees of Columbia Bank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
- You must present this offer code at the time of account opening to qualify for the incentive.
- We reserve the right to restrict or change this offer at any time.
- Number of days used to determine incentive eligibility will be calendar days.
I couldn’t find any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Neighborhood Account $5 Fee
This is the easiest account to keep fee free. The $5 fee is waived with any of the following:
- minimum daily balance of $2,500
- 10 debit card transactions
- One direct deposit
- age 62 and older
- Military ID or Student ID on record
Need to know more before deciding if it’s a good or bad deal. If anybody does sign up please let us know if it’s a soft or hard pull. For now I won’t be adding it to the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Robert E who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times