Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: WA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown (inquiry sensitive)
- Credit card funding: Yes, you have to use Paypal but you can use a credit card up to $3,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31, 2020
- Sound Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up recurring direct deposit of at least $500 per month
The Fine Print
- You must open a Sound Checking Account by December 31, 2020 and make at least one direct deposit to your new Sound Checking Account of $500 or more within 90 days after account opening to qualify for the $150.
- Normal account service charges and balance requirements apply to these accounts.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, and No Access are excluded from eligibility.
- Employees of Sound Credit Union are not eligible for this offer.
- Limit one $150 bonus per qualifying account.
- Limit one $150 bonus per individual.
- The bonus will be deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements. If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, the $150 bonus will be forfeited. Other miscellaneous charges may apply. Offer not available to individuals who have had a Sound Checking Account in the last 12 months. Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of bonus payment are not eligible. Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. Sound is not responsible for and will not honor promotional offers that appear on third-party websites that are not authorized by Sound. Visit soundcu.com/rates for current fees.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus is forfeit if you close your account within 180 days of account opening.
There is also a $100 bonus offered in the past without a direct deposit requirement and a $50 referral bonus and apparently those stacked. I’m not sure if that will be the case this time or not, my guess is no (please do not share your referrals for now). Account might be worth it for the nice amount of credit card funding as well.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times