Published on January 2nd, 2020 | by William Charles95
[WA, OR, ID & In Branch] Columbia Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Update 1/2/2020: Deal has been extended until February 29th, 2020
Note: This Columbia Bank is not to be confused with this one that operates in NJ.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in: Washington, Oregon and Idaho. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be open at time of bonus posting
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2018 October 31st, 2018 November 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018 January 31st, 2019 February 28th, 2019 March 31st, 2019 April 30th, 2019 June 30th, 2019 August 31st, 2019 January 1st, 2020February 29th, 2020
- Columbia Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
- Bring in code (you get this by entering e-mail on site)
- Open a Neighborhood Account, Relationship Account or Foundation Account
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer. Must open account by August 31, 2018 to receive offer.
- To receive the $200 incentive:
- 1) Open a Neighborhood Account, Relationship Account or Foundation Account, subject to approval,
- 2) Receive at least one qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more made to the account within 90 days of account opening. Qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government into your checking account.
- Offer is not available to those whose personal checking accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Limit one new offer per qualifying account, per individual.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we will deposit the incentive in your new account in the three months following the 90 day direct deposit review period.
- The incentive is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of incentive fulfillment are not eligible for this offer.
- The person qualifying for this offer must be the primary signer on the account and must be 18 years or older.
- You must present this offer code at the time of account opening to qualify for the incentive.
- We reserve the right to restrict or change this offer at any time.
- Number of days used to determine incentive eligibility will be calendar days. Member FDIC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The neighborhood account is the easiest account to keep fee free. The $5 fee is waived with any of the following:
- minimum daily balance of $2,500
- 10 debit card transactions
- One direct deposit
- age 62 and older
- Military ID or Student ID on record
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open until the bonus posts.
Biggest bonus they previously offered was $100. This is $200 but the requirements are the exact same. If you live near a branch I do think this is worth doing as it’s on the bigger side when it comes to bank bonuses and it isn’t too difficult to keep fee free. Because of that I will be adding it to our best bank bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, Jacob W who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times