Published on February 4th, 2018 | by William Charles33
[CT & MA only] WestField Bank $200 Checking Promo
Bonus is now available at their Enfield and Granby branches. Reposting because of this. Hat tip to DDG
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: You will need to reside or work within Hampden or Hampshire Counties of Massachusetts or the Granby area, Northern Hartford, or Northern Tolland Counties of Connecticut
- Direct deposit required: Optional (+$100)
- Additional requirements: Debit card + online banking (+$50), eStatements (+$50)
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Yes, chexsystems sensitive
- Credit card funding: Yes, up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
Direct link to offer (now available online)
- Open a new WestField Bank checking account online with the promo code ONLINE200 receive a bonus of $200 when you complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Order a debit card and enroll in online banking to receive $50
- Enroll in e-statements and receive $50
- Sign up for direct deposit and receive $100
The Fine Print
- One offer per person available to new WB Free Checking account customers only.
- Order a debit card and enroll in online banking to receive $50.
- Enroll in e-statements and receive $50.
- Sign up for direct deposit and receive $100.
- The bonuses will be deposited into your account within 45 days after the criteria is met, which must happen within 60 days of account opening. Minimum balance to open a WB Free Checking account is $10.
- Offer can be rescinded at any time. **Fee may apply. Promotional code: ONLINE200
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest way to avoid paying any fees is by opening the WB Free Checking account which does not have any monthly fees. I couldn’t find the fee schedule so I am unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not.
Unfortunately we don’t know much about this bank, if anybody decides to sign up then please share your datapoints in the comments below. For now we haven’t added it to the best checking sign up bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, GRR who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications