Published on August 2nd, 2016 | by William Charles40
[Expired] Wells Fargo $100 Checking Bonus Available Online
Unfortunately this looks expired. You should still be able to get a $100-$150 bonus by doing a withdrawal at a Wells Fargo ATM.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide (requires Wells Fargo branch visit)
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration Date: September 1st, 2016
Receive a $100 sign up bonus when you open a Wells Fargo checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a new Everyday Checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) from this page online by September 1, 2016.
- Within 60 days of account opening, make 10 debit purchases and/or payments with your Wells Fargo debit card [Tips for meeting those debit card requirements can be found here]
The Fine Print
- Purchase requirement must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- We will deposit the bonus into your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met
- All consumer checking accounts except Teen CheckingSM and prepaid WellsFargot EasyPay card are eligible for the $100 bonus
- You cannot be: a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account, a Wells Fargo team member, or a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months
- A qualifying direct deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income of an accumulated $500 or more
- Offer can not be paid without providing a valid U.S. taxpayer ID (W-9)
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Keep in mind you might be able to get a higher $150 bonus with the same requirements by doing a withdrawal at a Wells Fargo ATM with a non Wells Fargo debit card. This bonus will probably be a lot easier for most people as you can open the account online. This is a pretty great bonus as it doesn’t require a direct deposit and it’s available nationwide, because of this we’re adding it to our best bank account bonus page. If you need help meeting the debit card requirements, I’d recommend this page.
In addition to this, Wells Fargo usually requires you to have an existing relationship before applying for one of their credit cards. They do have some credit cards that are of interest:
- Wells Fargo Propel World: $400+ sign up bonus
- Wells Fargo Propel 365: $200 sign up bonus
- Wells Fargo Cashback Card: 5% cash back at select categories for six months (read this post before applying)
Big thanks to reader, Tan who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank