Published on January 2nd, 2019 | by William Charles157
[Expired] Wells Fargo $250 Nationwide Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ every 30 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports, likely doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None, don’t close account straight away please
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: January 25th, 2019
- Wells Fargo is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you open a new Everyday checking account online. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Receive $150 when within 60 days of account opening you receive qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative total of $500 or more
- If you met the above requirement you can get an additional $100 when you continue to receive qualifying direct deposits or more every 30 days for an additional 150 days after the initial 60-day qualification period
The Fine Print
- Everyday Checking is the account eligible for up to $250 bonus when opened online. If you do not qualify for Everyday Checking but do qualify for Opportunity Checking®, this offer can still be applied to the Opportunity Checking account.
- You cannot be:
- A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- A Wells Fargo team member
- A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit one bonus per customer)
- Open a new Everyday Checking account online with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by January 25, 2019.
- To receive a $150 bonus, within 60 calendar days of account opening, receive qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative total of $500 or more into the new checking account. During this time, your new account balance must be $1 or more.
- If you meet the requirements for the $150 bonus, you are eligible to receive an additional $100 bonus, when you continue to receive qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative total of $500 or more every 30 days for an additional 150 days after the initial 60-day qualification period. During this time, your new account balance must be $1 or more.
- A qualifying direct deposit is the customer’s salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income of an accumulated $500 or more, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
- A non-qualifying direct deposit is transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a branch, ATM, or from mobile deposit.
- Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time.
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (W-9)
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded
- We will deposit the $150 bonus into your new Everyday Checking account within 45 days after meeting eligibility and applicable requirements.
- We will deposit the additional $100 bonus into the same checking account within 45 days after meeting eligibility and applicable requirements. The Everyday Checking account must remain open in order to receive the bonus payment.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus, and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card OR
- The primary account owner is 17 – 24 years old.
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
$250 is as good as when it comes to nationwide online offers. The downside is the direct deposit requirement. There is an in branch offer for $200 and that doesn’t require direct deposits but it does require visiting a branch (that offer has now expired). Some people will prefer this bonus as it’s online and they might not have a branch near them. As always you can see what has/hasn’t worked as a direct deposit previously here (always linked under ‘direct deposit required’ in offer at a glance). This will definitely be added to the best checking bonuses. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is pulled very early, so I’d recommend signing up sooner rather than later if you’re interested.
Big thanks to reader, Matt who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times