Update 11/17/21: Deal is down to $100
Update 7/24/21: Deal is back at the $150 level. Hat tip to ShawntheShawn
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: Up to $150
- Availability: Select areas in WI & MN
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000, Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 6 months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
August 11th, 2018 December 31st, 2018August 16th, 2020
- Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account with TruStone Financial and complete the following requirements within 30 days:
- $100 for total recurring direct deposits of at least $500
- $50 for enrolling in Online Banking and eStatements
The Fine Print
- Offer valid between 11/1/2018 and 12/31/2018.
- Cash back amounts are based on the following completed actions: 1) $50 for opening a new checking account with a debit card and making five purchase transactions within 30 days. 2) $50 for enrolling in Online Banking and eStatements. Both actions must be completed within 30 days of account opening for cash back to be received. 3) $50 for establishing a recurring direct deposit totaling at least $250 in direct deposit within first 30 days.
- Only one account per membership is eligible and member must not already have a checking account.
- Allow up to 60 days from account opening for deposits to be made. Recipient is responsible for any taxes incurred on cash back.
- $5 membership is required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Those under 18 years old must have a parent or guardian on the account to be eligible for cash back. This offer cannot be combined and may be discontinued at any time. Federally Insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Value checking account (0% APY) has no monthly fee
Early Account Termination Fee
A $20 fee is charged if the account is closed within 6 months of opening according to their fee schedule.
In previous years the bonus has been $100 with no direct deposit requirement. Because the direct deposit is only required for the last $50, the bonus is actually better than before (or the same if you have no intention of going for that bit of the bonus. This isn’t quite true as you need a direct deposit for $100 of the bonus).It looks like it’s a soft pull to open, although there is that one DP of a hard pull so something to keep in mind. I’ll add this to the best bank bonus page but with a warning regarding that.
Big thanks to reader, Samuel Adams who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 8/17/20: Deal is now only for $100, extra $50 is not being offered.
- Update 6/13/20: Deal is back and valid until August 16th, 2020. Hat tip to reader Brad E
- Update 6/29/19: Deal is back and valid until August 17th, 2019
- Update 11/11/2018: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to reader JT