Offer is back for 2017.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Select areas in WI & MN
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Five debit card transactions, eStatements & online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft/Report of hard pull
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 6 months
- Expiration date:
August 6th, 20166/05/17 through 8/5/17
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account with TruStone Financial and complete the following requirements within 30 days:
- Receive $50 when you open with a debit card and make five purchase transactions
- Receive $50 when you enroll in online banking and eStatements
- You can also receive an APY of 2.02% on balances of up to $20,000 by doing the following:
- Hold active visa credit & debit cards and make a combination of at least 12 transactions posted to the account by the last business day for debit cards and second to last business day for Visa credit card transactions
- Enroll in and maintain Online Banking and eStatements and maintain a minimum daily balance of $2,000
The Fine Print
- Offer valid 6/05/17 through 8/5/17.
- Cash back amounts are based on the following completed actions: 1) $50 for opening a new checking account with a debit card and making five purchase transactions. 2) $50 for enrolling in Online Banking and eStatements.
- Both actions must be completed within 30 days of account opening for cash back to be received.
- Only one account per membership is eligible and member must not already have a checking account.
- Allow up to 60 days from account opening for deposits to be made.
- Recipient is responsible for any taxes incurred on cash back.
- $5 membership is required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Those under 18 years old must have a parent or guardian on the account to be eligible for cash back. This offer cannot be combined and may be discontinued at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- TruRate Checking receives 2.02% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $20,000 and 0.10% APY on balances over $20,000 by adhering to the following conditions: Account holders must maintain active Visa® credit and debit cards (a combination of a minimum of 12 transactions posted by the last business day of the month for debit cards; second to last business day for Visa credit card transactions), enroll in and maintain Online Banking and eStatements and maintain a minimum daily balance of $2,000. If any of the requirements are not met in a given month, the APY drops to 0.10% on all balances. Accounts closed before the end of the calendar month will earn 0.10% APY on all balances for that month.
- A $20 monthly fee will be assessed if the balance falls below required $2,000 minimum on any given day.
- Limit one account per household.
- Primary account holder must be 18 years of age or older. TruRate Checking is not available for trust or business accounts.
Because the 2.02% rate requires a credit card, I thought I’d have a quick look at their offerings. None of the cards offer a sign up bonus, so I wouldn’t bother with the rewards checking account especially when their are better options out there.
Their value checking account (0% APY) has no monthly fee. Their TruRate checking account (up to 2.02% APY) has a $20 monthly fee that is waived with a minimum $2,000 balance. A $20 fee is charged if the account is closed within 6 months of opening according to their fee schedule.
As we mentioned, the high interest account isn’t worth looking at but the $100 bonus is quite good. There is no direct deposit requirement or monthly fee, because it’s a soft pull to open it’s an account I’d recommend. We’ve added it to the bank account sign up bonuses we recommend here.
Big thanks to reader, David who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank