Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150 bonus + $150 donation
- Availability: Must be Wisconsin resident
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 12 months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Bank Five Nine is offering a bonus of $150 for you and a $150 donation to the HUHS’s Athletics Booster Club or Band Booster Club. When you complete the following requirements:
- huhsband (to donate to the Band Booster Club) or huhssports ( to donate to the Athletics Booster Club)
- Complete one of the following three options within 120 days of account opening:
- Three (3) of the following deposit types to post in at least three (3) consecutive months; payroll, government or pension benefits (in a single amount not less than $250 each) using either direct deposit, mobile deposit or in-branch deposit. Online transfers (for example ACH transfers or PayPal transactions) and cash transactions are excluded.
- Twenty-five (25) signature based; not pin based or pin-less debit, debit card transactions ($5 minimum purchase each).
- Bank Five Nine online bill pay transactions (excluding personal payments, minimum $25 each).
The Fine Print
- This offer applies to new Mascot Banking relationships.
- *Qualifying Activity: Within 120 days of account opening, one (1) out of the following three (3) options must be met and posted to the account: 1) Three (3) of the following deposit types to post in at least three (3) consecutive months; payroll, government or pension benefits (in a single amount not less than $250 each) using either direct deposit, mobile deposit or in-branch deposit. Online transfers (for example ACH transfers or PayPal transactions) and cash transactions are excluded. 2) Twenty-five (25) signature based; not pin based or pin-less debit, debit card transactions ($5 minimum purchase each). 3) Six (6) Bank Five Nine online bill pay transactions (excluding personal payments, minimum $25 each).
- If any owner or signer on the account has previously been an owner or signer on a different Bank Five Nine consumer checking account within the past three (3) years, Bank Five Nine reserves the right to deny this incentive.
- Accounts with an Bank Five Nine employee as primary owner and Achieve Checking accounts are not eligible.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- If the new account becomes overdrawn within the first 135 serves the right to deny this incentive.
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or Bank Five Nine within 12 months after account opening, Bank Five Nine reserves the right to deny the incentive or deduct the cash reward for that account at closing.
- Offer must be presented at account opening, or one of two online promo codes can be entered: HUHSBAND (to donate to the Band Booster Club) or HUHSSPORTS (to donate to the Athletics Booster Club) must be entered during online account opening to receive this reward.
- The $150 cash reward will be deposited into the checking account within 135 days of account opening.
- This offer applies to new checking accounts that must be opened with new money not currently on deposit with Bank Five Nine.
- Not all customers will qualify for the products and services offered.
- Bank Five Nine will honor one (1) offer per household (physical, residential address).
- Applicable to consumer accounts and Wisconsin residents only. The value of this offer may be reported to recipient as income. Bank Five Nine reserves the right to change or discontinue the offer at any time. ^If customer qualifications are met, Bank Five Nine will match the customer incentive amount of $150 as a donation to the school’s designated entity. Matching donation funds will be accumulated and distributed to the school twice per calendar year.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 12 months otherwise the bonus can be clawed back
Nice that a school gets some money as well. We need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open the account, but if it’s a soft pull then I think it’s worth doing.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times