Published on June 22nd, 2019 | by William Charles28
[Expired] [WV, PA, OH, IN, KY, In Branch Only] WesBanco $250 Checking Promotion
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: WV, PA, OH, IN, KY Only. Must open in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Two direct deposits totaling $2,500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unsure
- Monthly fees: $4, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 1st, 2019
- WesBanco is offering a bonus of $250, bonus is broken down as follows:
- $150 when you receive at least two direct deposits totaling $2,500
- $100 for enrolling in mobile banking, activating a new debit card and making 20 debit card purchases
The Fine Print
- Customers with a current checking account, or who transfer funds from an existing WesBanco deposit account, are not eligible for the bonuses. An initial deposit of $1 is required to open an A+ Student Checking account and receive a bonus; all other consumer checking accounts require a $50 initial deposit to open and receive a bonus.
- All qualifying activity must occur and post to the account within 90 days of the date of account opening.
- Please allow up to seven business days after 90-day period for bonus credit.
- Customers that have received a new account opening or debit card usage bonus on any previous WesBanco checking account are not eligible for the debit card portion of this offer.
- Customers that have received a direct deposit bonus on any previous WesBanco checking account are not eligible for the direct deposit portion of this offer.
- No bonus will be paid if the account is in overdraft at the time the bonus is to be credited.
- Businesses and employees are not eligible for bonuses.
- Program subject to change without notice.
- Offer effective from June 10, 2019 through September 1, 2019.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their basic checking account has a $4 monthly service charge, this is waived if you receive eStatements or maintain a monthly balance of $500.
Early Account Termination Fee
I couldn’t find their fee schedule, so I’m unsure if they charge an early account termination fee or not.
Previously best bonus was $200. This is a slightly bigger bonus with slightly bigger direct deposit requirements. Doubt we see a bigger bonus from them in the near future, so if interested I’d sign up now. Because of that I will be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Kyle
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times