Published on April 19th, 2017 | by William Charles14
[WY only] WyHy FCU 4% APY SmartReturns Checking Account On Balances Up To $15,000 – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 4% APY
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $15,000
- Availability: Must open in branch, all branches are in WY [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: NCUA
- WyHy Federal Credit Union is offering a 4% APY rate on the Free SmartReturns Checking account on balances up to $15,000 when you complete the following requirements:
- Make at least 12 debit card purchase per month [Read: How To Meet Minimum Debit & Credit Transaction Requirements]
- Using automatic payments or SmartDeposits for direct deposit
- Elect to use eStatements
- Balances over $15,000 earn 0.25% APY and you can earn free unlimited ATM refunds by meeting the above requirements)
The Fine Print
- Minimum opening deposit of $25
- Each qualifying period will begin one business day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through the last day prior to the last business day of the current statement cycle.
- If you do not meet the qualifications for a qualification cycle your APY will be 0.05% for that period.
- You will not be reimbursed for any accrued but unreimbursed ATM fees at the time You close Your account.
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Assuming this is a soft pull, this account is very very good. 4% rate on balances up to $15,000 is great (usually the maximum balance is much lower on accounts with that type of rate). The fact that no direct deposit is required makes it even better. It is a shame you need to open the account in branch though.
All of that being said (and assuming a soft pull) this is one of the best high interest rewards checking accounts currently available.