Update 4/6/20: Available again,
Update 2/28/20: A reader reports getting it to work a second time after using it in January. Worth a shot.
Update 2/23/20: More people targeted. Hat tip to reader Information Booth
Update 2/4/20: More people targeted. Hat tip to reader Ran D
Direct link to offer (our affiliate link here and below)
- Amazon is offering $10 or $20 off $50 when you use at least one Discover point to pay. Remember you can just use one Discover point to trigger this deal. Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Link your Discover account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already
- Click to Activate this offer to your Amazon account here
- Add $50 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Discover card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Discover Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- Up to a $10 discount off $50 will be automatically applied at checkout; no promo code needed
The Fine Print
- The promotion will end 11:59 PT on 3/31/2020, or when 80,000 customers have redeemed the offer. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 per eligible Discover Cashback Bonus enrolled Card.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
Limit one promotion code per Cashback Bonus eligible card.
This is a new offer and different from the $10 off $30+ we have previously seen. Should work even if you’ve done that deal before. This will work on third party gift cards, but will not work on Amazon branded gift cards unfortunately. Remember that this works when using a single Discover point, cashing out more than one Amazon point is generally not a good idea as the redemption value is so low. If you get a not eligible message, try following this method. The Citi deal for $15 off $50+ was also extended.