Published on April 8th, 2019 | by William Charles81
[YMMV] American Express Business Platinum 75,000 Points (No Lifetime Language)
Update 4/8/19: Looks like more people have been targeted via e-mail. Subject line is ‘Congratulations, <name> You are pre-approved to apply for the Business Platinum Card®.’ Hat tip to Travel With Grant.
Update 2/4/19: Annual fee has increased to $595 now, but some people that weren’t targeted are now targeted so worth double checking. Remember you need to sign in and if it says the offer is no longer available then that just means you’re not targeted.
Update 1/31/19: Just a reminder regarding this offer before the annual fee increases to $595 tomorrow. If you get a message that says the offer is no longer available, that just means you are not targeted. Others are still able to successfully do the deal.
Update 05/23/18: There is a new link, this time it requires $10,000 total spend for the 75,000 points. Hat tip to reader Shay
- Receive a sign up bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards points on the American Express Business Platinum Card after $5,000 in spend within three months
- Annual fee of $450 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or hotels booked directly from AmericanExpress Travel website
- 1.5x points on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Internet Access:
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- View these other hidden benefits
- SoulCycle benefits
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once per lifetime. This offer doesn’t contain this language (double check your own offer to make sure)
If you haven’t had this card before, then you’re better off going for the 100,000 point offer. If you have had this card before then this is basically your only way of getting the sign up bonus again. Keep in mind it does have a $450 annual fee, but that is partially offset by the airline credits ($200 per calendar year) and lounge access. I think this bonus is worth doing if you’ve had the card before, but if you already have another Platinum variation it might not make sense for some due to the annual fee and duplicate benefits. As always you can read more about American Express cards here. Let us know in the comments if you were targeted or not.
Also it’s worth mentioning that if it says ‘the offer has expired’ that just means you’re not targeted unfortunately.
Hat tip to kpd