Published on July 28th, 2019 | by William Charles201
[Expired] [YMMV, IN, KY, MN & MI] Old National Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Link has been pulled early. View the best checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 7/28/19: Deal has been brought back and is valid until September 30th, 2019. Deal is in branch only this time and also has targeted language.
Update 12/5/18: Bonus has been extended until December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to reader John
Update 11/09/2018: Bonus is back and valid until November 30th, 2018. No targeted language or mailer required this time. Hat tip to reader AllAmericanAmy. Only available at select locations in IN, KY & MI this time (previously it was IL, IN, KY, MI, WI)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: IL, IN, KY, MI, WI
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, can fund with American Express, Visa & Mastercard
- Monthly fees: $6.95-$15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2018 August 31st, 2018 November 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018January 31st, 2019
- Old National Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements within 75 days of account opening:
- Make 10 purchases of $10 or more with your Old National debit card
- Set up automatic direct deposits totaling $500 or more
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus is available on new eligible checking accounts opened by November 30, 2018 with a minimum opening deposit of $50.
- $200 bonus will be deposited into the checking account after automatic direct deposits totaling $500 or more AND 10 Old National debit card transactions of $10 or more (ATM withdrawals are not eligible) are received within 75 days of account opening. Account must be open and in good standing at the time the incentive is paid.
- Bonus valid for ONB Everyday, ONB Preferred and ONB Classic. ONB Preferred and ONB Classic earn .01% Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of 6/8/2018, and may change after account is opened. Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- Offer available at Old National banking centers located in Clarksville, IN (1305 Veterans Parkway), Holland, MI (100 E 8th St Ste 100), Lexington, KY (110 W Vine St Ste 100) and the Indiana Counties of: Allen, Kosciusko, St. Joseph and Elkhart; and the Michigan County of Berrien.
- Offer is not available for Old National associates or clients with an existing Old National checking account or checking accounts closed in the past 6 months (includes business, HSA and money market accounts).
- Limit one bonus per calendar year, one per account and one per individual
- . Not valid with any other Old National offer.
- Old National reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
Easiest account to keep fee free is ONB Everyday, this has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived if you do any of the following:
- Have a total of $500 in direct deposits each month
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $750
- Maintain a combined balance of $1,500 in checking, savings or money market accounts
- Are an active member of the US Military
You also need to opt for paperless statements otherwise a $3 fee applies. There is an early account termination fee of $25 if closed within 180 days.
This is a good bonus, requirements aren’t that difficult to meet and $200 is one of the larger bonuses. In addition the best bonus Old National Bank has offered in the past was only $100 and required in branch opening. Definitely worth doing if you’re not that far from a participating branch. Will be adding it to the best checking promotions list.
Big thanks to reader, Theory who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times