Published on July 23rd, 2017 | by William Charles30
[YMMV & MA only] Rockland Trust Bank $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: MA only, also says you must be the person residing at the address on the mailer
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: $500 in debit card purchases
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500. Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover are accepted.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
August 26th, 2017January 31st, 2018
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a new worry-free checking account before August 26th with Rockland Trust and complete the following requirements:
- Spend $500 with debit card within 100 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer must be redeemed by person residing at the address on the mailer. Non Transferrable.
- One per Customer and Household. Individuals who currently own or have had a Rockland Trust Checking account within the 90 days prior to the account open date are not eligible.
- To be eligible for the $200 bonus you must open a new Worry-Free Checking account between July 7, 2017 and August 26, 2017. To earn the $200 bonus you must spend at least $500 (either POS or signature transactions) with your new Rockland Trust Debit MasterCard within the first 100 days from your account open date. ATM withdrawals do not count.
- The bonus will be paid directly to your account by January 15, 2018. Bonus payment will be reported to the IRS for the tax year in which it is paid. Worry Free Checking accounts must be opened online or through one of the following Greater Boston Branches: Allston, Brighton, Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury, Westwood, Norwood, Dedham, Brookline, West Newton, Waltham Moody Street, Waltham Main Street, Woburn Four Corners, Woburn Main Street, Woburn High School, Somerville, Burlington, Medford, Newtonville, Wellesley Hills, Melrose, Chestnut Hill. Offer may be discontinued at any time without prior notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Worry free checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure on any early account termination fees.
Fine print says you need to have received a mailer to be eligible but this sort of thing isn’t always enforced so YMMV. If anybody goes for it then please share your datapoints in the comments below. Obviously a great deal if it’s a soft pull and anybody can open in branch. For now it won’t be added to our best checking bonuses, at least until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications