Published on August 1st, 2017 | by William Charles206
[Expired] [Targeted MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD] TCF Bank $250 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
Offer is only available to people who have received the mailer, this is now being enforced.
Update: Calling in no longer works as they are manually verifying if you’re address received a mail out or not. Because of this I am removing it from our best bank bonus post.
Reposting as it seems like the mailer isn’t needed at all, especially when applying via phone.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD. In branch or via phone [branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 Visa & Mastercard only (not allowed in branch but can be done via phone. They might just allow $100 via phone but when they send you the details via e-mail you should be able to fund $1,000)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 15th, 2017
No direct link, see image below
- TCF Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you complete the following requirements:
- Bring mailer in (not sure if this is actually required as it’s a non unique promo code). Promo code is JDM250
- Open a TCF Free Checking account
- Do one of the following within 60 days of account opening :
- Receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Make at least $250 in debit card purchases
The Fine Print
- MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD only.
- Bonus will post to your account the business day following the criteria verification
- One offer per household
- Not eligible to current TCF customers or those who have closed an account in the last 90 days.
- Banker instructions: Select code JDM250 in the express service select promotion drop down list
- Non residents can only apply in branch and it seems like the mailer is required
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. There is a $2 fee if you receive paper statements. According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
Thankfully it’s possible to apply over the phone without the mailer, so really open to everybody in the qualifying states (and possibly out of state). Obviously a great deal as no monthly fee or direct deposit to worry about. Only need to spend $250 on a debit card and that’s not particularly difficult. As always please share your own experiences in the comments below. I will add this to our best bank bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, Brandon B, Rav & Ryan who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications