Published on January 24th, 2018 | by William Charles71
[Expired] [YMMV] M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus (TN & TB) – Available Online [CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
This deal is no longer available, view more checking bonuses we recommend here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500
- Additional requirements: Use promo code TB
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $50 180-days
- Expiration date:
March 30th, 2018 April 11th, 2018April 30th, 2018
- Household limit: None listed
Direct link to offer when you e-mail the code it will show as TB when you open from that page it shows TN
- Open any new M&T checking account by March 30th, 2018 with the promotional code TN and receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you do the following:
- Set up a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- We will credit one cash bonus to the account if the account receives a total of at least $500 in qualifying direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
- Qualifying direct deposits include, but are not limited to, recurring electronic deposits such as payroll, pension or Social Security. Person-to-person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers such as those made through internet payment services do not qualify.
- Bonus will be credited to the account within 90 days of direct deposit activation as long as the account is in good standing and all of the eligibility requirements are satisfied at the time we seek to credit the bonus.
- Bonus is reportable for tax purposes.
- No more than one bonus will be awarded regardless of the number of accounts, titling on account, or the number of direct deposit arrangements established.
- Bonus offer may vary by product and region. Cash bonus offers are not available to employees of M&T Bank or any of its affiliates or to customers who have already received a bonus in connection with an M&T personal checking account within the preceding twelve-month period.
- A $50 early close-out fee applies if the account is closed within 180 days of the date the account was opened.
- This offer is valid on new checking accounts opened by 03/30/2018.
- This offer is nontransferable.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a monthly fee of $9.95, soon changing to $6.95.
- Monthly fee is waived by making just ONE transaction such as a deposit, withdrawal, or debit purchase.
Early Account Termination Fee
Looks to be $50 now if closed within 180 days
M&T Bank used to be the holy grail of bank bonuses, state restrictions weren’t enforced, bonuses posted quickly and you could do bonuses multiple times. As far as I know that is now longer true and all of the terms are enforced, but I’m really not 100% sure on that. I guess some people will give this a shot anyway and we will have some datapoints, but I don’t have high hopes for it working. For now I won’t add it to the best checking bonus page until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Yet Another Redditor who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times