Published on April 13th, 2017 | by William Charles300
M&T Bank $200 Checking Bonus (QL) – Available Online [CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100
- Additional requirements: Use promo code QL
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $50 180-days
- Expiration date:
March 25th, 2017May 24th, 2017
- Household limit: None listed
No direct link to offer (go to mtb.com/checking and enter promo code QL, but read our verdict first)
- Open a new M&T personal checking account by
March 25th, 2017May 24th, 2017 with the promotional code QL and receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you do the following:
- Set up a qualifying direct deposit of $100 or more within 90 days of account opening
- You can find your account number by sending a secured message (via Robert), just look in the outbox and it’ll show.
The Fine Print
- Qualifying direct deposits include but are not limited to electronic deposits such as payroll or social security and do not include electronic money transfers or credits such as account-to-account transfers or those made through internet payment services
- Bonus will post to the account within 90 days of meeting the direct deposit requirement
- Limited to one bonus per customer
- Offer may vary by region and product
- Offer is nontransferable
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The bonus is available on any personal checking account, including: EZChoice Checking, MyChoice Checking, MyChoice Plus Checking, MyChoice Premium Checking, Classic Checking, Basic Banking. Let’s look at the easiest options for keeping fee free.
[Note that M&T Bank is one of the few banks that doesn’t give you a grace period, the requirements mentioned below must be completed your first month to keep it fee-free.]
This account has a monthly fee of $9.95, soon changing to $6.95.
- Monthly fee is waived by making just ONE transaction such as a deposit, withdrawal, or debit purchase.
This account has a monthly fee of $6.95 that can be waived with any of the following methods:
- Receive direct deposits totaling $200 or more
- Make 10 or more monthly debit card purchases
- Keep an average daily balance of $500 (might be $1,500 depending on your area) or more
This account has a non-waivable $3 monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
Update: Looks to be $50 now.
This is the same bonus as this from M&T Bank, the only difference is the promo code. This is technically a targeted offer but in the past this has not been enforced at all. M&T Bank bonuses are churnable and there is quite a few currently available:
- M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QC) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
- M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QD) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
- M&T Bank $200 Checking Bonus (QI) – Available Online [CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
- M&T Bank $250 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QH) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
Big thanks to reader, Michael who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications