Published on April 10th, 2017 | by William Charles305
[Expired] M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QC) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
This bonus has expired, click here to view the best current checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $50 180-days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
June 30, 2017 September 30th, 2017 October 30th, 2017December 8th, 2017
Direct link to offer, when you e-mail the code it will show as QC when you open from that page it shows QD (go to mtb.com/checking and enter promo code QC, supposed to be targeted but hasn’t been enforced in the past)
- Open any new M&T checking account by June 30th, 2017 with the promotional code QC and receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you do the following:
- Set up a qualifying direct deposit of $100 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Only one bonus will be awarded regardless of the number of accounts, titling on account and the number of direct deposits arrangements established.
- Qualifying direct deposits include but are not limited to electronic deposits such as payroll or social security and do not include electronic money transfers or credits such as account-to-account transfers or those made through internet payment services
- Bonus will post to the account within 90 days of meeting the direct deposit requirement
- Limited to one bonus per customer
- Offer may vary by region and product
- Offer is nontransferable
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a monthly fee of $9.95, soon changing to $6.95.
- Monthly fee is waived by making just ONE transaction such as a deposit, withdrawal, or debit purchase.
Early Account Termination Fee
Looks to be $50 now if closed within 180 days
M&T Bank doesn’t seem to limit you to just one bonus, the state restriction isn’t enforced either. I really don’t know how long this can/will last. They also have the following offers:
- M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QD) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
- M&T Bank $200 Checking Bonus (QI) – Available Online [CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
- M&T Bank $250 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QH) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
Add to our best bank bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications