Published on November 6th, 2018 | by William Charles6
[Expired] AmEx Offers: AmExTravel.com, Spend $350+ on Hotels & Receive $60 Statement Credit/6,000 Membership Rewards
Deal has expired, view more AmEx offers by clicking here.
Check your Amex login for the following offer:
- Get a $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $350+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com.
- Another variation is the same offer but 6,000 Membership rewards instead of $60
The Fine Print
- Requires a single purchase of $350 or more to get the offer credit.
- Expires 12/31/18.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Valid only for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com.
- This offer excludes Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings. Offer not valid at American Express Travel offices, for Car or Cruise bookings, phone orders, transactions made via online chat or for the flight portion of a flight+hotel package.
- Valid only on US website.
Despite it saying it excludes FHR bookings, I wonder it works with the changes made to points earning structure on the Platinum card. If it does and if those bookings still earn hotel points/stay credits this has the potential to be huge, but I just can’t see that happening unfortunately.
In terms of this offer itself, it’s not terrible but keep in mind it only works on hotel bookings and not flights. In addition you need to spend $350 in a single purchase, not as bad as previous offers that required $600 in spend. Keep in mind it’s possible to get deep discounts by booking through Hotels.com and get 20%+ off with ease, and up to ~35% with discounted gift cards. This discount is only 16.5%, offer does become a bit more interesting on Platinum as those purchases will earn 5x points as well.
Hat tip to reader Enrico
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?