Published on August 13th, 2018 | by Chuck5
[Expired] AmEx Offers: AmExTravel.com, Spend $600+ on Hotels & Receive $100 Statement Credit
This deal has expired, view more AmEx offers.
Check your Amex login for the following offer:
- Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $600+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com.
The Fine Print
- Requires a single purchase of $600 or more to get the offer credit.
- Expires 10/12/18.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Valid only for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com.
- This offer excludes Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings. Offer not valid at American Express Travel offices, for Car or Cruise bookings, phone orders, transactions made via online chat or for the flight portion of a flight+hotel package.
- Valid only on US website.
This offer comes out regularly, this time I’ve only seen a cash offer so far, no MR points offer.
Important to keep in mind this only works for prepaid hotel bookings and not flights; you also need to spend $600 in a single purchase. Would be so much more useful if it included flights as it’s much easier to get discounts on hotels. Also, if you’re booking at the larger chain hotels then you need to book directly to get elite night credits, have your status recognized, and earn points.
Some people like to book hotels through Hotels.com and get 20%+ off with ease, and up to ~35% with discounted gift cards while this American Express discount is only slightly over 16.5%. Offer is a bit better on Platinum cards as they also earn 5x on amextravel.com purchases.
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?